The Carolina Digital Humanities Initiative is looking for a Programs Coordinator!
This position will be responsible for administering and coordinating the diverse activities and programs of the Carolina Digital Humanities Initiative. These programs include the Digital Innovation Lab/Institute for Arts and Humanities Fellows Program, the CDHI Graduate Fellows Program, the CDHI Postdoctoral Fellows Program, and the Graduate Certificate Program in Digital Humanities. Duties associated with coordination of these program include liaising with academic departments and support units in the College of Arts and Sciences and other university academic and support units; organizing and executing selection recruitment evaluation for all programs; supporting the work of the CDHI Faculty Steering Committee Chair, serving ex officio on faculty sub-committees; and maintaining the CDHI website.
The position will also:
- participate in and coordinate professional development and training activities in digital humanities for faculty and graduate students;
- plan campus activities and events designed to increase interest and involvement in digital humanities across the campus in cooperation with other university units, other universities and digital humanities programs, and cultural heritage organizations;
- develop and administer assessment impact metrics for all CDHI programs and be responsible for documenting and reporting on them to the CDHI Faculty Steering Committee, College of Arts and Sciences, and external funding bodies;
- share project management and supervision responsibilities for digital humanities projects undertaken under the auspices of the CDHI with the Manager of the Digital Innovation Lab;
- administer the graduate certificate program in digital humanities, including advising graduate students, and coordinating digital humanities course offerings with academic units at UNC and at Duke and NCSU;
- work with faculty to develop new digital humanities course offerings and to add digital humanities methods and approaches to existing courses;
- develop teaching/learning platforms and content for online and in-person online hybrid course offerings in digital humanities.
The position will work under the direction of the Co-PI of the CDHI. He/she may be assigned other related responsibilities and duties, including (but not limited to): supervision of graduate research assistants and undergraduate student workers and managing development and submission of grant gift proposals to external funding agencies.
More details and application instructions are available here.